As spring starts, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Swanton? Even if your air conditioning system is newer or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Northwest Services pro can help spot minor issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy needs—and a higher utility bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as fast.
- It helps locate little problems before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine pieces and complete a series of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate troubles before they turn into large issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and parts:
- Total equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Now with Northwest Services
This week is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Northwest Services pros a ring at 419-548-5017 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your house, make sure to check our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.